What is the Employers Annual Reconciliation?
During the Employer Reconciliation process, employers are required to submit an EMP501 declaration which reconciles:
- the taxes collected from employees per your payroll
- with the monies paid to SARS on a monthly basis via the EMP201 submission
- and the total tax value of employees’ income tax certificates, for the respective period.
In short, have you paid SARS the correct amount for your employees' tax. If you use an up to date payroll package and didn't backdate any changes, this reconciliation should balance.
Creative CFO can help with this process and will:
- Gather all payroll and payment documentation required for the submission
- Comparing the payroll and payment data to identify differences
- Confirming these differences, if any, with you
- Submitting the reconciliation to SARS via EasyFIle or directly on e-filing.
- Providing you with payment details if required.
Please select your number of employees below and we will get in touch with the next steps.